A new HBO documentary, The Weight of The Nation, produced by John Hoffman in conjunction with the National Institutes of Health (NIH), explores the costs and causes of the well-publicized obesity epidemic that is plaguing America and its health care system.
“The Weight of the Nation,” is a four-part series — including segments on Consequences, Choices, Children in Crisis, and Challenges of obesity in America. The series highlights several NIH research advances and addresses the factors contributing to the country’s obesity problem.
The films are part of a public awareness campaign by the National Institutes of Health.
we are going to have an abundance of chronic disease.”
See related HelpingYouCare™ reports on:
For more information on weight control, healthy diet, exercise and other factors of daily living leading to prevention and wellness, see the HelpingYouCare™ resource pages on Wellness/ Healthy Living for Seniors & Caregivers, including:
- Diet & Nutrition: Physical Wellness;
- Exercise: Physical Wellness;
- Sleep, Hygiene, Quit Smoking & Other Healthy Practices: Physical Wellness;
- Activities to Preserve Mental Acuity: Intellectual Wellness;
- Social Interaction & A Sense of Connection With Others: Social Wellness;
- Other Areas of Wellness: Emotional, Ethical/ Spiritual & Vocational Wellness; and
- Examples of Healthy Aging: Stories of Inspiring Seniors.
- News on Health Care Reform;
- Editorials: What Needs Improvement, With Your Comments;
- Advocacy: Proposals for Reform, With Your Comments;
- Legislation: Pending & Recently Adopted; and
- International Health Care Compare: Information on Health Care & Long-Term Care Solutions in Other Countries.
Copyright © 2012 Care-Help LLC, publisher of HelpingYouCare™. All rights reserved.