The National Institutes of Health (NIH), Office of Research on Women’s Health, announced on Thursday that it is providing a new mobile health app for women that is available for free download to an iPhone, iPad or Android device.
The new “52 Weeks for Women’s Health” app “offers women access to a year’s worth of practical health information, highlighted week-by-week,” the NIH said in a news release about the new health app issued on August 23, 2012.
A screen shot of the new “52 Weeks for Women’s Health” app appears at left.
“The easy-to-use mobile app can help women identify health risks for themselves and their families, and can help them create and maintain healthy lifestyles throughout their lives,” the Office of Research on Women’s Health said in the NIH release.
“Questions to ask health care providers, a glossary of health terms, and health screening information and links to additional information from NIH institutes and centers expand the mobile app’s offerings.”
The key features of the app include:
- “A personal health section for recording medications, medical conditions, and disabilities
- A journal feature
- A personal goal-setting section for health and lifestyle details.”
The content is also accessible without the use of a handheld device, on the 52Weeks4Women section of the NIH Website.
The NIH’s news release also announced that “In the near future, NIH will launch an app for men’s health with similar features.”
The NIH News release about the new “52 Weeks for Women’s Health” app can be viewed in its entirety on the NIH Website.
Visit the Office of Research on Women’s Health (ORWH) of the NIH at: http://orwh.od.nih.gov/
- Diet & Nutrition: Physical Wellness;
- Exercise: Physical Wellness;
- Sleep, Hygiene, Quit Smoking & Other Healthy Practices: Physical Wellness;
- Activities to Preserve Mental Acuity: Intellectual Wellness;
- Social Interaction & A Sense of Connection With Others: Social Wellness;
- Other Areas of Wellness: Emotional, Ethical/ Spiritual & Vocational Wellness; and
- Examples of Healthy Aging: Stories of Inspiring Seniors.
Copyright © 2012 Care-Help LLC, publisher of HelpingYouCare™. All rights reserved.