This Fourth of July will be the 236th birthday of the United States of America. To help you celebrate safely, the U.S. Government has posted a number of resources at USA.gov, the U.S. government’s official web portal, and on other government websites.
- Fireworks Safety Tips along with a video from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission;
- Fact Sheet on Fireworks and State Laws by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission;
- Barbeque and Food Safety Tips from the U.S. Department of Agriculture;
- Boating Safety Tips from the Boating Safety Resource Center of the U.S. Coast Guard;
- Campfire Safety Tips from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forrest Service;
- Tips on Healthy Swimming from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention;
- Tips on Protection from Sun Exposure & Skin Cancer Prevention from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention; and
- Tips on Travel Safety from USA.gov, linking to multiple government resources on both domestic and international travel.
On the lighter side, to help you celebrate, USA.gov also provides links to information on:
- American Recipes of various categories and types;
- Suggestions of Historic Places to Visit and information on preservation resources;
- National Parks and Forests: An A-Z list of recreation and tourism topics and resources on National Parks and Forests;
- Fun Facts about the Fourth of July;
- The History of the Fourth of July – links to information, documents, and videos;
- U.S. Flag History and Facts;
- Ways to Help Your Country — Tips from the U.S. Government; and
- Information on the Declaration of Independence.
Copyright © 2012 Care-Help LLC, publisher of HelpingYouCare™. All rights reserved.