The Cleveland Clinic is offering a series of free community seminars on various health topics. Called “Health Talks,” these seminars will be held each month at the Cleveland Clinic’s main campus, and at several suburban Family Health Center locations.
“The seminars feature presentations by leading Cleveland Clinic physicians and allied health professionals,” the Cleveland Clinic’s website announces.
“These discussions provide an in-depth look at individual health concerns such as diabetes self-management, chronic pain and cancer. Each lecture is followed by a question-and-answer period.”
Admission to these programs is free, and check-in begins one-half hour before each program.
To register, call 216.444.3641 or 800.548.8502, or click on the links in the Schedule of coming Health Talks below.
Audio and video tapes of these programs are available for loan at certain many libraries. A list of the libraries is provided via a link on the Cleveland Clinic’s Health Talk site.
Free podcasts of past lectures are also available online on the Cleveland Clinic’s website.
Following is a schedule of future Health Talks seminars to be presented by the Cleveland Clinic in the month of September, 2012:
Upcoming HealthTalks seminars:
To register for a seminar, click on the link in the left column below.
This Event Announcement is provided as a public service by HelpingYouCare™.
- Diet & Nutrition: Physical Wellness;
- Exercise: Physical Wellness;
- Sleep, Hygiene, Quit Smoking & Other Healthy Practices: Physical Wellness;
- Activities to Preserve Mental Acuity: Intellectual Wellness;
- Social Interaction & A Sense of Connection With Others: Social Wellness;
- Other Areas of Wellness: Emotional, Ethical/ Spiritual & Vocational Wellness; and
- Examples of Healthy Aging: Stories of Inspiring Seniors.
- What is it; Causes;
- Symptoms & Diagnosis;
- Treatments; and