The U.S. Department of Health & Human Services announced a new tool to help you find out how the Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act (President Obama’s signature Health Care Law – which some call “Obamacare”) is benefiting people in your state.
The tool includes a clickable map (see below), where you can click on your state to learn about the new benefits available to you and people in your state.
The Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act was signed into law in 2010. Since than, a significant number of substantial new benefits have become available under the law to protect patients and make health care more affordable. Many more significant benefits for patients and consumers will become available over the next two years. Most of the law will be fully implemented by 2014.
The new tool includes links to information where you can:
- Find out how and on what timeline the law is being implemented where you live.
- See powerful stories of people who have benefited from the law.
- Read about the key features of the Health Care Law that are already in place.
- Use an Interactive FAQ Tool to find answers to your questions about health care and insurance.
Following is picture of the clickable map provided by HHS as part of the new tool.
Click on the map below to go to the interactive version of the map on HealthCare.gov, where you can click on your state to learn what benefits are available to you and people in your state under the President’s Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act raquo;
For more news and information about the Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act, President Obama’s signature Health Care Law, and about health care reform, see the HelpingYouCare™ resource pages on VoicesForCare™, including:
- News on Health Care Reform;
- Editorials: What Needs Improvement, With Your Comments;
- Advocacy: Proposals for Reform, With Your Comments;
- Legislation: Pending & Recently Adopted; and
- International Health Care Compare: Information on Health Care & Long-Term Care Solutions in Other Countries.
Copyright © 2012 Care-Help LLC, publisher of HelpingYouCare™. All rights reserved.