The National Parkinson Foundation (NPF) has announced that, as part of observing National Family Caregivers Month in November, it will for the first time sponsor Thank a Caregiver Week during the week of November 4 through 10, 2012.
“Caring for someone with Parkinson’s is a 24/7 job — one that often receives little recognition. No matter where you’re from or what language you speak, these men and women are heroes, worthy of our love, respect and unwavering support,” NPF states on its webpage dedicated to Thank a Caregiver Week.
The purpose of Thank a Caregiver Week is to recognize, honor and provide some respite to those dedicated family caregivers in your life or whom you may know.
The National Parkinson Foundation (NPF) offers the following suggestions on how you can honor and thank a family caregiver in your life during Thank a Caregiver Week:
- “Pick a time during November 4-10 to celebrate. It can be any day of the week or time that works best.
- Find someone who can volunteer to help with caregiving duties so the caregiver can have a break.
- Plan an activity for the caregiver to enjoy during their time off.
- Share your story and photos to pay tribute to the amazing caregiver in your life! NPF will help you honor caregivers through a special online tribute page dedicated to Thank a Caregiver Week.”
NPF states, “We’ll display your photo and story online and on NPF’s Facebook page during the month of November. You will also be entered into a raffle to win a “Beat Parkinson’s” wristband and NPF lapel pin!”
For more information about Thank a Caregiver Week or about Parkinson’s Disease, see the website of the National Parkinson Foundation.
- News on Parkinson’s Disease;
- What is it; Causes;
- Symptoms & Diagnosis;
For more on the stressful and growing duties of family caregivers as our population ages, the HelpingYouCare® resource pages on:
Copyright © 2012 Care-Help LLC, publisher of HelpingYouCare®. All rights reserved.