Many doctors and physical trainers recommend strengthening all the muscles around the knee, such as quadriceps, hamstrings, and the calf, as a way of helping to prevent knee injuries.
Before embarking on any exercise program, consult your doctor first.
Here are two exercises to strengthen the muscles around the knee, demonstrated by Tanya Batts, a certified fitness trainer, in a short video from eHowFitness.
For more information on exercise, diet, maintaining a healthy weight, and other lifestyle factors that promote wellness and prevent diseases, see the HelpingYouCare® resource pages on Wellness/ Healthy Living for Seniors & Caregivers, including:
- Exercise: Physical Wellness;
- Weight Loss/ Maintaining a Healthy Weight: Physical Wellness;
- Diet & Nutrition: Physical Wellness;
- Sleep, Hygiene, Quit Smoking & Other Healthy Practices: Physical Wellness;
- Activities to Preserve Mental Acuity: Intellectual Wellness;
- Social Interaction & A Sense of Connection With Others: Social Wellness;
- Other Areas of Wellness: Emotional, Ethical/ Spiritual & Vocational Wellness; and
- Healthy Living: Stories of Inspiring Seniors.
Copyright © 2013 Care-Help LLC, publisher of HelpingYouCare®. All rights reserved.