Dr. Oz explains that losing just ten pounds is a good step to reducing heart disease, diabetes, and arthritis.
His weight loss action steps include:
- A high fiber breakfast
- Snacks smaller than a fist
- No food within 3 hours of bedtime
- And exercising or moving 30 minutes a day
To understand how to control your weight and maintain good health, according to Dr. OZ, there are five lifesaving numbers you need to know:
- Waist size
- Blood pressure
- Fasting Blood Sugar
To learn more, click on the image below, and watch a short video entitled “The Owner’s Manual To Losing Weight on The Dr. Oz Show »
For more information and resources on weight loss and maintaining a healthy weight, see the HelpingYouCare® resource page on: Weight Loss/ Maintaining a Healthy Weight: Physical Wellness.
For further information on maintaining a healthy weight, healthy diet, exercise and other lifestyle factors that promote wellness and prevent diseases, see the HelpingYouCare® resource pages on Wellness/ Healthy Living for Seniors & Caregivers, including:
- Weight Loss/ Maintaining a Healthy Weight: Physical Wellness;
- Diet & Nutrition: Physical Wellness;
- Exercise: Physical Wellness;
- Sleep, Hygiene, Quit Smoking & Other Healthy Practices: Physical Wellness;
- Activities to Preserve Mental Acuity: Intellectual Wellness;
- Social Interaction & A Sense of Connection With Others: Social Wellness;
- Other Areas of Wellness: Emotional, Ethical/ Spiritual & Vocational Wellness; and
- Healthy Living: Stories of Inspiring Seniors.
Text Copyright © 2012 Care-Help LLC, publisher of HelpingYouCare®. All rights reserved.