“If you served in the active military, naval, or air service and were honorably discharged or released, you may qualify for VA health care benefits, including hospital services,” according to an e-mail announcement issued August 30 from USA.gov, the official U.S. government website.
“Certain Reservists and National Guard Members may also qualify,” the announcement noted.
According to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, VA Health Care benefits provide access to more than 1,400 hospitals, clinics, and community living centers.
If you may qualify, you can also Apply Online or Update Your Application Online.
The VA provides the following video instructing on how to apply for Veterans Health Care benefits online »
You can also Learn More About All the Ways You Can Apply, such as by telephone, by mail or in person.
If you or your elderly loved one is a spouse or survivor of a Veteran, you or your elderly loved one may also be eligible for Veterans Survivor Benefits or other benefits from the VA. For more information, see the VA’s website on What benefits and services are available for spouses and dependents of deceased veterans?
See also the HelpingYouCare™ resource page on Financial Issues: Veterans Administration Benefits
And, see generally the HelpingYouCare™ resource pages on Legal and Financial Issues for Seniors & Caregivers, including:
- Financial Issues for Caregivers & Seniors
- Health Insurance & Long-term Care Insurance
- Medicare Coverage
- Medicaid Coverage & Asset Planning for Qualification
- Veterans Administration Benefits
- Other Financial Issues
- See the CareHelpFinder™ section for help finding a Financial Advisor
- Legal Issues for Caregivers & Seniors
- Overview – Some Legal Issues for Seniors & Caregivers
- Advance Directives for Health Care/ Living Wills; Proxies; Surrogates
- Planning for Incapacity/ Durable Powers of Attorney & Guardianship
- Estate Planning — Taxes, Wills, Intestate Succession, Trusts
- Asset Transfers & Medicaid Planning – An Overview
- Other Legal Issues
Copyright © 2012 Care-Help LLC, publisher of HelpingYouCare™. All rights reserved.