About 100,000 older adults will participate in activities at more than 1,000 locations throughout the U.S. on Wednesday, May 30, 2012, celebrating the 19th annual National Senior Health & Fitness Day, the event’s organizer announced.
“National Senior Health & Fitness Day is a nationwide health and fitness event for older adults, always held the last Wednesday in May during Older Americans Month,” according to Mature Market Resources, the event’s organizer.
The 2012 Theme is “Get Moving…Start Improving!”
More information about the Event is contained in a Fact Sheet (PDF) provided by the organizer.
National Senior Health & Fitness Day‘s stated goals are “to promote the importance of regular physical activity, and to showcase what local organizations are doing to improve the health and fitness of older adults in their communities.”
According to the event’s organizer, among the many organizations planning National Senior Health & Fitness Day Events, are:
- “Area Agencies on Aging
- Health Clubs
- Houses of Worship
- Malls/Shopping Centers
- Park & Recreation Departments
- Retirement Communities
- Senior Centers
- State/Local/ Aging Departments
- And Many More!”
For more information on National Senior Health & Fitness Day, visit: www.fitnessday.com
More Information on Senior Health & Fitness
- Diet & Nutrition: Physical Wellness;
- Exercise: Physical Wellness;
- Sleep, Hygiene, Quit Smoking & Other Healthy Practices: Physical Wellness;
- Activities to Preserve Mental Acuity: Intellectual Wellness;
- Social Interaction & A Sense of Connection With Others: Social Wellness;
- Other Areas of Wellness: Emotional, Ethical/ Spiritual & Vocational Wellness; and
- Examples of Healthy Aging: Stories of Inspiring Seniors.
Copyright © 2012 Care-Help LLC, publisher of HelpingYouCare™. All rights reserved.