Under the leadership of its President, former U.S. Secretary of Health & Human Services, Donna E. Shalala, the University of Miami will host a major Global Business Forum, entitled “The Business of Health Care: Defining the Future,” on January 12-14.
Participating in the Forum will be some of the most influential leaders in business and government, as well as hundreds of professionals from across several industries.
Keynote speakers include Kathleen Sebelius, the current U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services; Jeffrey R. Immelt, the Chairman and CEO of General Electric; Thomas M. Ryan, the Chairman and CEO of CVS Caremark; Margaret Hamburg, MD, the Commissioner of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration; Arthur Agatston, MD, the author of The South Beach Diet; James D. Forbes, the head of global principal investments for Bank of America Merrill Lynch, and Donna E. Shalala, the President of the University of Miami and a former U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services, among others.
The Forum will feature nearly 30 panel discussions organized in six distinct tracks, including:
- Economics & Health Care: Cost, Accessibility, Reform, and Implementation;
- The Aging Population: Economic and Ethical Issues Surrounding the Shift in Demographics;
- Age of Innovation: Disruptive Medical Technologies, Biotechnology, and Telemedicine;
- Wellness & Prevention: The Obesity Epidemic, Nutrition, Innovative Therapies, and Education;
- Global Health Issues: Emerging Markets, Access, and the Environment; and
- Health Care Delivery 2030: Hospital Design, Technology, and Delivery Systems of the Future.
Read More About the Forum » Global Business and Government Leaders in Miami for Major Health Care Forum.