While many discounts to seniors begin at 55 years of age, some start as early as 50.
Listed below are some sites that may help you save for yourself, your elderly loved one, or both of you.
Some things to consider:
To claim a senior discount you may need to enroll in a senior membership on-line or in the store.
It may be a good idea to call your local store before shopping, because senior discounts may be subject to differing policies. In some cases, local stores have an option not to participate in or to vary the terms of a nationally advertised senior discount policy of a national chain of stores.
Here are some questions to ask:
- Do you need to visit the website for senior discount information or to find a promotion code?
- Do you need to join a senior club or senior discount program to get the senior discount? Is there a fee involved?
- Do you need to have a membership card, coupon, or promotion code with you to get the discount?
- Is there a certain day of the week (Senior Day), when the store encourages senior discount shopping?
- Do you need specifically to ask for the senior discount when ordering at a restaurant, or making a reservation, such as a hotel reservation?
For lists of stores with senior discounts, visit the following sites »
We cannot vouch for the accuracy of these websites.
Remember, in any store, restaurant, or other place of business, it pays to ask “Do you offer a senior discount?” before you pay for what you are purchasing. You might save some money.